These gelatin gummies are so easy to make and much healthier than ordinary shop bought gummy sweets, which are usually filled with sugar, artificial flavours and colouring.
Did you know? Gelatin promotes healthy digestion and healthy intestinal cells, which are necessary to prevent or heal leaky gut – the root cause of many modern ailments including allergies and autoimmune conditions. It’s great to use if you don’t have time to make or drink daily bone broth, or if you’d just like to add more gut healing foods to your diet.
These gummies are made with tart cherry juice which is rich in antioxidants and a powerful anti-inflammatory. It can help relieve arthritis and gout pain and improve blood circulation. Montmorency cherries are also a natural source of melatonin and have been found to improve and prolong sleep when taken half an hour before bed.
Sweetened with a touch of maple syrup, these make fantastic treats for kids too!
- 500ml water
- 100ml tart cherry concentrate (I use Cherryactive Concentrated Montmorency Cherry Juice)
- 1 tablespoon unflavoured Gelatin powder (My favourites are Planet Paleo Unflavoured Gelatin or Great Lakes Unflavoured Gelatin)
- Maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Place the gelatin powder in a small amount of water and allow to soak for 10 minutes
- Heat the remaining water gently in a pan and add the cherry concentrate and maple syrup.
- Once warmed, whisk in the gelatin until it is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture in gummy moulds and refrigerate to set.
If you’d like to make these gummies #vegan you can use 2 tablespoons of agar agar flakes. You will still get all the phytonutrients and antioxidants, but you may not experience the same gut healing properties.
Paleo/ Gluten Free / Refined Sugar Free